Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what companies will have what out for the 2003 PRO X 600?? Ill be getting one in a couple days here. Would like to know if anyone knows of any companies that will have pipes, reeds, clutch kit... etc... such as hotseat, slp, dynoport........

·
Registered
303 Posts
Try HotSeat Performance, they have cans, pipes, cluthes, etc.. Also EPI have set-ups for the PROX line-up. WEll all except the 440 fan that is. Let me know if you come up with any more, specially with the 440-fan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey about time some one knows about the prox 440 fan i have been looking. I have a 2002 prox 440 fan and i would just like to make it faster all around but what i am mostly looking for is more top end?and do you know why it is so damn boggy? Thanks so much i will love to get back to you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well im not and expert but i can point you in the right direction. First the bogginess, lower you needles one size. This will help adjust your air/fuel mixture but you will also have to re-jet, usually 2 sizes down. Polaris did a crappy job of setting the '02 440 fan up as far as needles/jets/& pilot valves. You might want to also make sure the stock clutch set-up is back to place. Polaris has all the specs on their racing website. AS for more top-end. WEll call EPI and ask them. Tell them what you want to do. Most likely they will hook you up with some new springs for both primary and secondary. This will help getl better hook ups and give alittle more top end. Also look to re-gear it. The sled probably tops out at 82-84mph. if you gear up one size to 20/42, you should gain some (maybe hit 91-93mph), but it will take from you mid range alittle. All depends on how much top end you want and how much low end you are will to give. I hope that helps!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is there website.

http://www.erlandsonperformance.com/

2003 Pro X 440 Fan being built as this is posted.

Tatalover78 - I've seen you on some other sites and you have found most everything aftermarket for the Fan. Did you ever find a good clutch kit or someone who would build it specifically for you ie, weight, riding style etc...

By the looks of the stock clutch its already pretty aggressive, maybe a different secondary spring and different gearing????????

Then work the carb's Jet's and Neddle clip settings till you get what you want? Sound about right?

:sly:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Actually I've talked to EPI several times, and either once I get my sled in with specs to it, or once EPI gets on they are going to hook me up with clutch specifically to me. I also heard that all Prox 440 fans are getting the "team" roller secondary, then I also heard NO. I really hope they do, because it will make all the difference.

But yeah, I have a crap load of after market parts for the '03 prox fan in my parents garage (i live in an apartment). The good thing is that I have all the original stock, everything is very easy to change out, so if one day I want to sell it, the sled can become stock and look very clean. Between the track, hood, & airbox mods, I hoping to shave 20lbs off of the stock weight. Let me know if you can tell me what clutch is coming on that sled.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 03 pro x fan is NOT going to have the team roller, or the same suspension as on the liquid cooled.

·
Registered
303 Posts
How do you know about the "team roller"? I know the fan's suspension is nothing close to the liquid. Actually the '03 fans are getting the exact same tunnel as last year with the '02 liquid suspension on it. As for the rest of the front suspension, its the '02 liquids with the alum. tie rods and its dropped to 8.75 like it was last year. But if you are true about the "team roller" that sucks, i guess I will just have to change that. :angry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts