Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there anything at Haydays regarding the 440 racer?
Any proto's hanging around or race reps leaking any info?
It's tough ordering a sled in February, and not knowing much
about it until 9 or 10 months later.  I know that a couple of
years ago they made a big scene by bringing the zx in by helicopter at Haydays, so I was hoping we'd see something by now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What do you want to know? Reserviors on the front are mounted on top of the bulkhead, rear end is a bit different from the SC-10-III we're used to, lightened quite a bit and some sort of adjustment I hear from the saddle, new ginsu brake rotor is pretty cool, got rid of the articulating flap, standard tunnel now with a molding, few timing tweaks here I'd imagine, pipe looks a tad different on the outlet, few other minor things, but in reality not that much different from the consumer sleds me or you can buy right now which is pretty reassuring..if you want pics hop over to trailconditions, guyover there saw the thing at haydays and took some shots

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.  I actually got pointed over to Doo's site, which has
a press release.  Just can't see it from the front page.  It
does have a 5 gallon tank, which is not good for those of us who trail ride their zx's.  Would have been nice to know that before committing back in July.

·
Registered
226 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sid440 @ Sep. 10, 2002, 10:14pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks.  I actually got pointed over to Doo's site, which has
a press release.  Just can't see it from the front page.  It
does have a 5 gallon tank, which is not good for those of us who trail ride their zx's.  Would have been nice to know that before committing back in July.[/b][/quote]
Bud,
 Call Tim at all seasons.. He just went to the School for the racer.. And STOP worrying about the 5 gal tank.  We can make a nifty tank that will strap onto the rear.. It will actually be better than ever cause now you will have something to mix your gas in  

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured the reason you were keeping the Mach z was for the extra power to haul my spare gas!

·
Registered
226 Posts
That and I'm broke  
  There is a guy on here putting an 809 triple in a MXZx chassis :eek:)  I think I will look for a MXZx chassis with a blown motor  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts