Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this started at the SW ride this year. One day my left hand warmer wasnt working very good. The next day it quit working all together then it got a bubble in it about the size of a dime. So I went to the local shop and got a replacement BRP hand warmer and it worked great for the day we installed it, then the high setting quit working. It would work intermittently, but seemed to work fine on the low setting. I have been out a couple times since being back from the UP and it wont work at all. Also there is 2 fuses when you open your clutch side panel. One of them is kind of melted. If you pull the fuse the headlight, taillight and all other lights go out.

The only thing that we have thought of is that since we used butt connectors they arent getting the proper resistance. Im going to try to solider them and see what happens. I also have another new one on order from the dealer but I dont want to install that one only to find out there is another problem in the electrical system.

I called the dealer and they cant even tell me where the power for the warmer comes from. He was able to follow it back to the switch and that was it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
My left hand warmer is shot on my 04 REV also. Got a new one Sat from the dealer but havent put it on yet. Read about a lot of guys on another site complaining about the left one being bad. You find anything out, post back please!!

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its weird though.... I already changed it and it worked for like a day then started acting up again. I just dont want to put another new one on there to find out its not the problem and fry another 35 dollar part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts