Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my buddy just got a new-to-him sled, an older 670, and he's alreadyb starting to get onto me how his is going to smoke mine, and what not. I know mine will flatten him off the line, but what about top end? Have no clue what the top end is on those rigs, I just know the bottom end isn't amazing haha. So, who do you think would win a 1/4 mile, or in a situation such as on a pond? Am I safe here, or is it time to start saving for some mods a bit early?

·
Registered
348 Posts
If your buddy has a '99 670HO, then you wouldnt stand a chance to beat that sled. Anyone - WL.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
If your buddy has a '99 670HO, then you wouldnt stand a chance to beat that sled. Anyone - WL.[/b]
I don't know about that, the 670's I've seen weren't quick at all. I haven't ridden with many though, so maybe there are some good ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your buddy has a '99 670HO, then you wouldnt stand a chance to beat that sled. Anyone - WL.[/b]
Well, it's a 97, and I don't know if it's a H.O or not...I'd assume not, because I didn't think they were a HO until 98 or 99, something like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, it's a 97, and I don't know if it's a H.O or not...I'd assume not, because I didn't think they were a HO until 98 or 99, something like that.[/b]

In 2002 an 2003 I ran my 00 XCSP 600 against several Ski-doo 600's and 700's, both the twins and the triples with low mileage. Never lost a race at 1/4 mile. The only one to beat me on the radar was a 700 purple screamer...it ran 161 km/h and I ran 160 km/h. My machine was dropped a few sizes on the jets, extra weights in the clutch, MBRP can, and 1.25 " tack. If it was me I wouldn't be sweating too much about a 670.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You should beat the 670 on top end

Unless its a 99 670ho

now on bottom end the regular 670 might have you as they are a much torquier vs the 600ves

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I've heard the 670's are pretty torque-y. He got today, and it's confirmed it's a 97 670, not the HO model. Guess it'll be winter for the real test to come.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, I've heard the 670's are pretty torque-y. He got today, and it's confirmed it's a 97 670, not the HO model. Guess it'll be winter for the real test to come.[/b]
u will kill him, from the 670s ive seen they r slow. My buddie used to own one, until he sold it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
u will kill him, from the 670s ive seen they r slow. My buddie used to own one, until he sold it.[/b]
i know a guy with a mxz 670 u have no chance off the line or anythnig thoes sleds are fast i would never challange a mx7 670 on a 600 ho i got the shift and i would loose bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my vote goes to the 670 i dont know much about the polaris but my 98 670 is very quick and will out run any 600 and most 700 that i have ran with but his may be slow

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's only one way to find out. Race him. As we all should know, there is A LOT more to racing than the torque and horespower in your engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts