Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sled was crashed 2 seasons ago last year I tried to put in a new belt up in New York that I bought down here in CT ( Dayco Hpx 5017 ) I thought they gave me the wrong belt because it was to tight sled would take off when attempting to start it so I put old belt in and for some reason I forget to get in touch with my supply shop. Only got to ride about 500 miles on this sled last season. This year i I lost my electric start. When I opened the cowl I noticed my Bendix loose on the bottom of the belly I also bought a new belt same size because 2 dealers say that I have the right belt also 4 supply shop agree. I was told my clutches could be out of alignment. I bought clutch tool and as near as I can fiqure they are both in a straight line with each other ( I am probably using the tool wrong ) could someone point me towards the right direction

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it diamond drive or chain drive? You want to check your belt deflection/height on secondary.[/b]

It is a chain drive. The belt is just above the clutch. What do you mean deflection?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I called a local dealer and he gave me the proper measurements and I seem to be right on the money. He had me put another washer in the driven clutch,so the belt does not ride so high. BUT I start it up and it still spins the track although now I can stop it with the brake and it does not stall. My buddy seems to think the new belt is to wide for the primary clutch. any input would help. (I am thinking about taking it up north and riding as is and see if it is better after I put some miles on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I called a local dealer and he gave me the proper measurements and I seem to be right on the money. He had me put another washer in the driven clutch,so the belt does not ride so high. BUT I start it up and it still spins the track although now I can stop it with the brake and it does not stall. My buddy seems to think the new belt is to wide for the primary clutch. any input would help. (I am thinking about taking it up north and riding as is and see if it is better after I put some miles on it[/b]

Ok sometimes it idles nice around 1300 Rpms other times it races up to 1900 rpms and pulls foward and what a #@$%# getting into and out of reverse. When it is behaving it is engaging at 4800 which is to high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts