Snowmobile World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new 04 Sabercat 700efi. I have heard good and bad and I am hoping for some advice. What would be a good price? What do I need to look out for on this model and this year? Anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I absolutely love mine.There were a few updates but nuthing but good times. Added picks and 8" carbides. The offset doolies that come on it are nice for regular riding but wash out if you really push it. Buy it!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
The removable trunk kicks ### for touring . Do you get a remote start ?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I did. More of a novelty than anything. It's fun to hit it when someone is standing next to it.HAHA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The removable trunk kicks ### for touring . Do you get a remote start ?[/b]
It doesn't mention it and I have not asked. I assume not. I have heard "stay away from the '04's" is there really any truth to it? Any idea what a good price would be? I would like to keep up with my brother in law's zr800. Will this one do it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I absolutely love mine.There were a few updates but nuthing but good times. Added picks and 8" carbides. The offset doolies that come on it are nice for regular riding but wash out if you really push it. Buy it!!![/b]
I am not sure what "offset doolies" are. Can you enlighten me? All of the updates are or will be done before it's sold.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am not sure what "offset doolies" are. Can you enlighten me? All of the updates are or will be done before it's sold.[/b]
They are the stock wearbars that come on the sled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at a new 04 Sabercat 700efi. I have heard good and bad and I am hoping for some advice. What would be a good price? What do I need to look out for on this model and this year? Anything would be helpful.[/b]
I dont know anything about the 04 sabercats but i got the 06 and if everything is the same you shouldnt have a problem with it. and i will blow the 800zr away stock... i just got pipes and a clutch kit for mine but when it was stock it was beating the mach 1000s and #### it is identical to the f 7 except with some luxery items on it and everything you can put on the f7 will fit the sabercat

·
10,054 Posts
If its brand new yet, it gotta be at a pretty good price, what are they asking for it if you dont mind letting us know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If its brand new yet, it gotta be at a pretty good price, what are they asking for it if you dont mind letting us know.[/b]
Well I picked it up on Friday. My first new sled. Needles to say I am pretty pumped. He was asking $4895. I talked to a friend of mine who know a dealer real well and he thought it was a good deal. I got him to throw in a couple things I need and away I went!
As for studs.... do I follow the factory recommendations? How many?
Also ... I read from someone, I think on this site, about moving the driven clutch spring a notch and using a different belt? Have you done this?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey, congrats :thumbsup:

Thats the sled I am looking for right now, probably an 04 or 05. For what I have seen, $4900.00 new is a good price, especially if they threw in a few goodies.

How about a pic?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I did the spec studding and am happy with it. haven't had a need to move the spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts