Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a used 05 MXZ 600 sdi with 2500 miles and a 06 Renegade 600 sdi with 1600 miles. Are there any problem areas I should watch out for in these sleds?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If my 05 600sdi gade is any indication, NOPE. Gas/oil and ride. Mine was a great machine, I hope the XP is as good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I both have 05 sdi Renegades. I wish I bought the 800, not enough power for off trail riding.
I have had terrible luck with mine, the carb boots came delaminated. I replaced them but the damage was done, later the engine blew. Total cost this year 1300.00.
Skidoo would do nothing because I replaced the boots myself, as for the blown engine we are waiting to hear from them but doubt they will do anything.
I have talked to many skidoo riders in the Maine area that have encountered this same problem and skidoo will not admitt there is a problem and their handling of this has many people very upset.
I'm considering jumping ship to either Yamaha of Polaris 4stroke.
I've been a diehard skidoo rider since I started riding and am totally dissappointed with BRP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ride an 05 600 SDI Short track - and I love it. I did have soem trouble with it when I first got it - but last year I ran 15 hundred problem free kilometers. I bought it used - but it only has 900 kms on it.

Here were the problems. The engine blew at 1200 ks from new. It was found to be a faulty needle bearing and the dealer fixed it under warranty.

The Speedo also messed up (but I've seen that happen on other revs). Dealer replaced it - under warranty (even though it was well past)

Thats it - put 440 race bars on it last year and love the gas mileage!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts