Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install a set of the Polaris 'heavy' rear torsion springs in an '06 XC/SP w/ the Edge chassis. Based on my view of the job, it looks as simple as removing the two rear mounting bolts, dropping the track/suspension down. Then, removing the idler arm pivot bushing/wheel to get at the spring.....

Anything I'm missing, or frustrations I may encounter?

New to the board & new to 'new' sleds in general....

Thanks for the help -

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to install a set of the Polaris 'heavy' rear torsion springs in an '06 XC/SP w/ the Edge chassis. Based on my view of the job, it looks as simple as removing the two rear mounting bolts, dropping the track/suspension down. Then, removing the idler arm pivot bushing/wheel to get at the spring.....

Anything I'm missing, or frustrations I may encounter?

New to the board & new to 'new' sleds in general....

Thanks for the help -[/b]
I've never swapped out springs on the EDGE suspension but I have two of them and remove the suspensions every spring. It seems to me that you are correct and that is all that is involved. I'm sure if there are any pitfalls to avoid one of the more experienced people will give you a shout.

If it were me i'd do it and maybe just make an index mark on the idler/ pivot arm to aid reassembly.

Boegey

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's going to ride like a truck with those heavy springs, even if you're 300lbs (like me!). Most that try them remove them in short order, unless maybe you're jumping or riding 2 up with bigger people. I've done a lot of work with this. If you'll give me an idea of your weight, I'm pretty sure I can get you pretty close with some specifics you can at least try before laying out the buck for those springs. This will be all setup, no parts.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts