Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 600 fusion that just doesnt seem right . I cant get 8000 rpm out of it, and when it starts shifting out it drops to almost 7000 rpm. I put an EPI clutch kit in and it doesnt seem any better. I checked belt deflection and that was good. Track tension is good, maybe even a little loose. The belt rides about 1/16 above the secondary sleeves. It has the TEAM secondary clutch.
After a day of riding there is a black mark on the primary clucth about 3/8 to 1/2 below top of primary clucth sleeves, also more black marks from the belt below that. Finally I can only get 97 mph according to the speedo top end. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not sure about your shift out - but mine tops at about 97 on the speedo too - 94 on the GPS. I have a 1.25" track which I'm sure takes a little top end out of it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
First off check out the airbox to ensure the carbs havent pushed the rubber adapter back into the airbox. This will upset the tuning of the airbox and let the mixture go very rich. The float bowls on these sleds are vented to the airbox and depend on the pressure differential from the upper and lower airbox areas to control jetting. Dropping revs can be a sign of the engine loading up with fuel.
Also remove the weights from the primary clutch and have htem weighed and ground down to exactly 62 grams each. Many 10-62 weights come in at 63+ grams. This will lower the rpm and the effect will be felt most at higher speeds when the weight has swung out into its arc of travel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts