Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what the top speed of the 07 cfi 600 is?

please post your experience with this sled

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96 mph!!!!!!! i was hoping to get at least 100
why are they so slow!!!!!!

what is holding them up clutch? gearing?

my old 700 does 103

was hoping to top that by a few mph

anybody have any thoughts!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think most 600s have 1.25 inch tracks vs 1 inch that may be on your 700 and I've heard the newer Polaris speedometer is much more accurate than the older ones. Stock for stock I don't think you will notice much difference between the two power wise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From a power standpoint you will not be disappointed...this machine easilly lifts the skis...even with a 1 inch track. I have raced a few sleds and had no problem beating them.. Stock F6's and F7' (with mechanical reverse)...again similarly equipped. The FST 750 will beat it in takeoff..until you hit a little powder...then they begin to bog down in the snow. (It could be the weight differential)...(this comparison is in reference to a 06 FST switchback)

This machine rocks. The front suspension is much improved over the trailing arm suspension in my old SCSP , and in regards to speed...again I do not have studs, and on a snowy trail...I have consistently gotten over 90MPH... It would be interesting to stud the track and take her on a lake, or a frozen snow-covered road....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did some ice drag last year withe my IQ 600 cfi. It has the 1 1/4 and 96 studs, best speed was 94mph. Open on the ice 97mph. I think the computer is controlling the timing not to over rev.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I've heard the newer Polaris speedometer is much more accurate than the older ones.[/b]
I think that's the explanation. They're not slow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts