Snowmobile World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on the Polaris site and noticed the biggest RMK (or any 2-stroke for that matter) they are offering is the 700. What happened to the big boys, the 8 and 900?? The biggest engine they are showing is the 750 FST (4-stroke).

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
They were lost in vibration....

Looks like they are back to the drawing boards looking for something that doesn't shake as badly, ways to anchor it to the frame so it doesn't jack things all out of shape as soon as you put some power on it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah, what they said, lol. Actually, the 700 puts out 140hp (so they say) and the 900 puts out 150hp (so they say) so there isn't a need to buy anything bigger from Polaris until they get it perfected anyway. Why buy a bigger engine just to burn more fuel? Then again, the 900 might have more instant torque than the 700, they still aren't telling us what the torque is. Why can't they be like vehicles? The first 3 things you're told: HP, Torque, Engine size. Typically, in that order.

My '05 900 does vibrate, but now that I've logged over 1,300 miles on it, I've adapted. The vibration is nothing anymore, but some people still don't like the idea. I don't think Polaris should try jumping any higher than an 800, until they can get the vibration thing under control. Otherwise, they'll make the same jump and the same mistake they made before, and have one problem, though minor, spread throughout their top 3 engines all over again. When will they learn from their mistakes? Or do they like having 3 experimental engines out at once? lol. I've also been told the 700 has the same vibration, so I don't know why it's not being modified or taken off the market like the others. Guess the vibrations not bad enough to gain the same amount of bad publicity.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I just bought a "06" Fusion 900 and there does not seem to be not much vibration at all, if any :blush: I traded in my "01" XC/SP it seemed to have just as much vibration as the new sled.....so I wonder if it just a Polaris thing :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.