Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 08 800 dragon 155. We were hoping to get it before Christmas. Has anyone got theirs yet? We are chomping at the bit. The snow is falling and my husband is riding his 05 RMK. I bought an 07 RMK last year and got it in November. I heard it was a late build. Our friend picked up her 08 Summit x today and my husband is jealous. So I though I would ask around to see if they are being delivered to the dealers yet. Anyone? thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are up here in B.C. I hear they shake fairly badly.[/b]

I hope not, it already paid for. I know the 05's had that problem but I have an 07 and it was a smooth ride. We will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine last week. 163 Track. AWSOME sled. Incredably light. Tons of power. Real quick. Smooth throttle. No vibrations at all. Love it. Put 90 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
are u serious i was told by my dealer they would come in in mid jan. and was told this morning from a friend who backed out of his it wont come till feb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are u serious i was told by my dealer they would come in in mid jan. and was told this morning from a friend who backed out of his it wont come till feb.[/b]

I called my dealer yesterday and they told me our 155 800 dragton was shipped on the 19th of Dec. and we might have it before Christmas. We are having electric start put in so I told them we will pick it up and bring it back later for the E start. My husband doesnt want to ride his 05 on our Christmas ride. Well keep our fingers crossed. They did get the 163 tracks last week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called my dealer yesterday and they told me our 155 800 dragton was shipped on the 19th of Dec. and we might have it before Christmas. We are having electric start put in so I told them we will pick it up and bring it back later for the E start. My husband doesnt want to ride his 05 on our Christmas ride. Well keep our fingers crossed. They did get the 163 tracks last week.[/b]
Did you check the 163 or the 155 Cause I think the 163 were the first release. In that case I would call your dealer. I am in California so I think your closer to the factory.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did you check the 163 or the 155 Cause I think the 163 were the first release. In that case I would call your dealer. I am in California so I think your closer to the factory.[/b]

I don't know if this will help you out, but i am quoting this from american snowmobiler, january edition page 4.

"...Late breaking polaris news

Polaris will release and ship its 2008 800 IQ in late january. An average of less than one per dealer will be made, with dealers having the option to sell the units or use them as demos. The 800 will not be a red dragon edition as stated by polaris reps earlier, but will be a standard version. There are several differences including a smaller 1 inch lugged Hacksaw track instead of the 1.25 Ripsaw, and standard RydeFX HPG shocks instead of the new for 2008 Air 2.0s. The slim 11.5 gallon tank from the 2008 RMK will replace the old IQ tank to aid aggressive riders. The 3 lb. lighter freestyle seat also is added. A change in the cooling system - the old RAW hybrid system had cooling that went around the edge-rolls- saves 5lbs. with a new bulkhead cooler. Finally, the 800 IQ will have a slightly lower riser than dragon. Cost is 9,699 for the all black sled, which comes with 2009 graphics."

Now i realize this article is about the IQ not the dragon, my bad, but enjoy it anyway, took long enough to write.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if this will help you out, but i am quoting this from american snowmobiler, january edition page 4.

"...Late breaking polaris news

Polaris will release and ship its 2008 800 IQ in late january. An average of less than one per dealer will be made, with dealers having the option to sell the units or use them as demos. The 800 will not be a red dragon edition as stated by polaris reps earlier, but will be a standard version. There are several differences including a smaller 1 inch lugged Hacksaw track instead of the 1.25 Ripsaw, and standard RydeFX HPG shocks instead of the new for 2008 Air 2.0s. The slim 11.5 gallon tank from the 2008 RMK will replace the old IQ tank to aid aggressive riders. The 3 lb. lighter freestyle seat also is added. A change in the cooling system - the old RAW hybrid system had cooling that went around the edge-rolls- saves 5lbs. with a new bulkhead cooler. Finally, the 800 IQ will have a slightly lower riser than dragon. Cost is 9,699 for the all black sled, which comes with 2009 graphics."
Now i realize this article is about the IQ not the dragon, my bad, but enjoy it anyway, took long enough to write.[/b]
This is a new sled that they added to their line up. Thank you for taking the time to type all that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a new sled that they added to their line up. Thank you for taking the time to type all that.[/b]

We Pick the sled up tommorow 12/28/07. We got the call today!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
well you didnt quite get it before christmas but better late than never. please post what you think of it. i am sure mine will come next week some time. i was told that the orders were filled in the order they were snow checked and i was towards the end of the line. i cant wait for the call. enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well you didnt quite get it before christmas but better late than never. please post what you think of it. i am sure mine will come next week some time. i was told that the orders were filled in the order they were snow checked and i was towards the end of the line. i cant wait for the call. enjoy your new toy![/b]
Took it out on Sunday. It rides very smooth. Like a cadillac. I have an 07 rmk so this one is my husbands. He Loves it, it is a lot different then the 05 800 rmk. Just lean a little to one side and it will go were you want it to go. Its still the break in period but he couldnt help himself. The only problem is the dealer didnt check for track tension and the track was sagging by days end. We got a ten pound weight and fixed it. We give this one a thumbs up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have been reading about people with problems on snowest forum. appearently snow gets in airbox and causes a bog they arent sure if thats the cause but i would suggest checking the seal around the headlight and air box to make sure there are no gaps for snow to get through. this may save you from experiencing the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts