Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?  For a MachZ that gets ridden on the trail 90% of the time, should I install a 1.25" Predator with 144 1.343 woodys down the middle?  or stick with the .92 lug track and the standard 192 studs?  I am thinking of running two track setups for next year, a groomed trail track and a .52" speed track for lake racing.  Are these 1.25" the way to go for trail riding now a days?  Are those long 1.343 and 1.5" studs holding up alright?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm running 1.25" track with 96 studs in the middle on my Formula 3 800 with jaw's triple pipes. On our trails up in northern Ontario we get snow often so the trails are always loose, so it's the way to go up here. The guy's with .88, .92, and even 1" spin all the time. If the trails are very hard packed most of the time 1.25" is probably not the way to go.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I addressed this in the post about kimpex or camo but here goes again.I would consider running the 1.187 challenger w/full block lugs rather than the 1.25 broken lug design.you are not giving up much in height but you are gaining a lug that covers the tracks width and is not broken.the one I have ridin hooks better than the mxz-x track of my other buddy.as far as studs go in loose snow they are useless so you could run fewer with the deeper lug doing the hooking on the snow,but have some stopping and cornering safety.both sleds have 96 down the middle only,they are mxz 800's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I read in sno tech (Ralf)  that if you have a 1.25 inch track it is best to only put in 96 studs down the middle 'cuz you have a greater chance of messing up the lugs with more than 96.  You should check that article out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts