Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has 1.25" tracks and what kind of difference did you see? How much top end did you lose? What mods did you have to make to put it on? I have a 00 mxz 700 and may get a 1.25" track.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
will bolt on with no mods to your zx.you will lose the same mph as if you studded your stock track,at least in my experiance.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Just put it on you horsecollar. Once you have a 1.25" you can NEVER go back. They will fit on any ZX chassis with no mods. My 00 mxz 700 was the first year I had a 1.25" a predator 9818. My sled was stock except for that, and I routinely beat my buddies 00 machz and srx700 in lake drags.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if you get a fullblock 1.25 you will notice top end loss,but if you get the camoplast 9818 ,there will be almost no top end loss+you get there a lot quicker :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im putting the 9818 track on this year. I drove the exact sled like mine with a 1 1/4 track and it was so much more better than my stock inch track. :withstupid: Better take off, better in snow, better jumping. Just dont get the full block, you will lose to much top end speed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What do you guys mean by full block track? I just picked up an OEM 1.25 track(part #504151815 extreme)Is this track considered full block?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
full block means no break in the lug pattern across the track, its just one full paddle the whole width of the track.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will the 9818 fit on a 99 mach1. I have ben looking at the extrovert drivers and maybe going smaller 8 tooth I think. my sled has 1 inch woody`s and you need to run the track tight or you can hear them hit up front. I`am not to fond of this so I think I might try a taller track and no studs or first try the smaller drivers but that will also call for a gear change?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
That was the one thing my 99 mach 1 was missing was a 1.25" 9818. all I did was spin everywhere, burned every hill down to ice,lol. I should fit with no mods , I believe.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks permafrost i will check into this just one more thing for the wish list then figure what will get the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my friend put a camo 9818 on his 98 mach 1 no problem,you wont have to change the drivers,he also added some tunnelwide skis from usi(7inchs wide)and really changed how the sled went in the snow,like permafrost said with the stock track all it does is spin everywhere

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thats the first thing I do is a track swap. Its a waste of hp if you cant get it to hook up..........

·
Registered
32 Posts
800 X,

The ski-doo oem track you bought is not considered a full block. I've got the exact same track I'm trying to sell and it's got a staggered pattern to it.

Picture two consecutive rows having 5" of lug on the outsides and 5" of open space in the middle. The next row has 2" of lug on the outsides, 3" of open space, then a 5" lug down the center. The pattern then repeats itself around the track.

A couple of buddies have run the oem track for a few years now and have had no problems. It's a pretty aggressive looking pattern!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys suggest studding an 1 1/4 track, or would they rip out too easy due to there length? I encounter ice here and there and still want to be able to rip across it when I do, not spin out like my buddy with no studs did last year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have studs on my grand touring 600 with 1.25 inch track. I used the Fast Track Top Gun II with round plastic backers. A friend of mine races and recommended these. I only studded down the middle, two per bar. I have had almost no problems. You will notice a little top end loss from the extra rotating mass, but it works great. The Fast Track are lite and strong.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Be carefull about riding flat out in icy or crusty conditions for too long with deep lug tracks 1 1/4" plus. They tend to get too hot and the lugs rip off. My buddy went a mile or two on a frozen road and lost 14 lugs at once the second he let off the gas! Mind you this was a two inch track. An inch and a quarter can take a bit more than that. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts