Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody using one of these tracks how good do they hook up how does it effect turning the sled.I need to get my sled to hook up all it wants to do is spin.sled is a 97 mach1 it has 192 studs in the track now.To put this track on this sled
will it fit without hitting the tunnel ?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You should have plenty of clearance for the track.   I put 192 woody's GDP-1325's in mine.  I had a 2000 MachZ.   It will definately add a lot of rotating mass and you will lose some top end.  I used the Ski-Doo oem 1.25" track on mine, but it is basically the same design.  Preditor 9818 or 9854 I believe.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just put the camoplast predator racing track on my 600 and it hooks up far better then the ski-doo 1.25. The design of it is better. Haven't had mine in much deep snow but heard even in the snow they hook up better.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I put 13 000 abusive kliks on my  predator 9818 and it still had a season left of use. I switched it for three years and put it on the new sled every fall. Once you have a 1.25" it is very hard, if at all possible to ride again with a .88 or a 1". There's no goin back, lol. I had a 97,98 and a 99 mach1. What a difference the track made  no more endless spinning.I didn't stud the track.I think that  helped with the longevity.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put a camoplast predator on my 2000 Mach Z  and I absolutely love it. I switched this year, from the stock track with 196 1" Woody Golddiggers. The 1.25" hooks up much better on everything but hardpacked roads. It made my sled much faster on top end and all the way through the throttle. I ride mostly on groomed trails and its not even comparable to my studded track, it accelerates better and stops better. It even hooks up in deep powder, i used to have snow coming over the windshield and now the front end stays up high enough to not get powder blasted. I would recommend the 1.25", you'll love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts