Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about the 1000cc twin 2-stroke polaris has developed. I know my Bro may be all over it if the 1000 comes out. The guys that I know have done some testing on it last spring but the chassis wasn't ready. Anyone know any more?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I keep hearing about the 1000cc twin 2-stroke polaris has developed. I know my Bro may be all over it if the 1000 comes out. The guys that I know have done some testing on it last spring but the chassis wasn't ready. Anyone know any more?[/b]
Everything i've heard would say this is not true. The $$ it takes to design and tool up for another big twin is huge, and the consumer demand for such a large engine is small. It comes down to bragging rights versus economics. Polaris is known to be the 'wait to see what they come out with' company as far as the other 3 go; and in the end they one-up eveyone. So there's that arguement as well. With their history of the 900 so far, i doubt they'll come out with anything bigger anytime soon. At least not anything similar to that engine family. I can say with confidence, for reasons i'm not willing to discuss, that it's not in their cards. It would totally rock, but only time will tell. Makes for good gosip! -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i know they are working on a big bore, testing more right now. my dad is freinds with Mark Blackwell (VP of Polaris), we also have a few ohter freinds that work for them to. I know they were working on a few enignes, they were working on a 1050 and redoing the 900 but i just havent talk those guys for a while. we'll just have to see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Polaris is having a heck of a time just getting there 800 in to production let alone a 1000 or larger dicplacement motor they have small bores that do a nice job and make ther sleds more of a complete package sled that people want and enjoy I myself would ride my 68 yukon king before I would throw a leg over a polaris after the the stealing they did to the public with the fusion.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Polaris is having a heck of a time just getting there 800 in to production let alone a 1000 or larger dicplacement motor they have small bores that do a nice job and make ther sleds more of a complete package sled that people want and enjoy I myself would ride my 68 yukon king before I would throw a leg over a polaris after the the stealing they did to the public with the fusion.[/b]
Do you own a Fusion or just beleive everything you read? I have no problem with mine...it's the best sled I have ever owned and I have had everything from a Homelite to a V-max 4 to a 01 XCSP and the 06 900 Fusion is the best sled hands down!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well if your happy with it ride as far as I go it's the yukon for me polaris you got to love em if you own one know one else will :christmas:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Well if your happy with it ride as far as I go it's the yukon for me polaris you got to love em if you own one know one else will :christmas:[/b]
:huh: Is that all one sentence? :crazy: Have a good Christmas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you own a Fusion or just beleive everything you read? I have no problem with mine...it's the best sled I have ever owned and I have had everything from a Homelite to a V-max 4 to a 01 XCSP and the 06 900 Fusion is the best sled hands down![/b]
Are you nuts !!! I have an 06 Fusion 900 and a Scoobie MXZ-X 1000 Renegade, I cant wait to get rid of the Fusion. Have you ridden a Ski doo ???

( finished with Polaris ) Been riding them since 1974 !

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Yes, I have....05 Mach Z! When I bought the Fusion I went in to buy a Mach Z and left with the Fusion after test riding it! We also have a 07 500SS.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
After reading everything I could get my hands on about the clutching on the 900 Fusion I switched over to the Team 719 helix and picked up 15mph on the top end. :eek:hmy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts