Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have n opportunity to buy a 2000 ZRT with 1200 PSI engine. Everythng is done by PSI. Engine, carbs, cdi, clutch, etc. The guy has not raced it (not officially anyway) and is setup for trails. That is what I intend to use it for. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of a setup? Does it require more tweaking and constant maintenace to be a reliable trail machine? How shold it be on gas? Should anything go wrong are parts readily available or will I have a hard time finding the parts? Does PSI still make this kit? Anything else I should know about?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had a 1350 psi motor that rocked the house '96/'97 winter in a heavy '94t-cat chassis. Sad and horrid chassis it was indeed! But I never,ever re-jetted! They were made very clear that I was young with plenty of cash but very,very ,very little tuning knowledge for 2 strokes. They set the whole thing up and i just started it and rode. I never had any problems and the guy after me had it for a few years also. He lost a few pistons but he tweaked it to it's limits. It had the cheap egt's of the time. PSI is THE place to go for 3x3 Cats. If it's a deal you'll certainally love it. Mine was 235trail HP. But they could've ree-poted for 265 race. Now they make even more. Oh and all I ever ran was 87-94octane gas. usually 92-ultra 94 if I could find it.
Caleb

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was your MPG still decent with the bigger cc's?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bigdude, a friend of mine has a PSI motor, I believe it's 1150 or so. They are the absolute highest quality and he's never had a problem. It's in a '99 ZRT chassis and is unbelieveable in the wide open and very manageable on the trails. I'm not sure of mileage but he doesn't fill up any more often than the rest of us with big triples.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Mine sucked it like it was connected to a gas tanker how I rode it. But over all it got decent milage, I never ran out so that says something. The thing can be geard great for the trail do to it's immence torque output so your not working the motor so hard sucking gas.
Caleb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts