Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read some talk on the two different belts. i have a 99 670 ho and have always ran a 067 belt with no complaints, but will try something different. would you recommend trying the 127 belt?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Stick with the 067. It will perform allot better and last allot longer.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The 067 is a softer belt, therefore it grabs better and has less clutch heat and will put more power to the ground. Only downside is it wont last quite as long as the 127.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I thought the 127 was the softer belt.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
well that what I thought,I always ran the 127 on grass and the 067 for the trails.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wow!  
Keith, you went through 2- 127's last year?  I was thinking of going with the softer belt this year, but not if they go that fast!  
How many miles did you get out of each belt???

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Hey skidoomaster.....good to see you back on the board!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a 127 last roughly 800 miles last year.  I had the clutch alignment checked and it was good.  The 127 belt on my sled now has around 1200 hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Running picks on hard ice with allot of traction, I could burn up 127s in less than a day. The alignment and everything is good, just allot of traction, hard get the belt to grab with allot of traction. Needed higer engagment for a harder grab, but was afraind to flip the sled!

Ask skidoomaster, he was there!!

I was also running the heelclickers also, they work great, but are hard on belts. Now that I have the Mach the MXZ is just trail, no studs, so I sold the HCs.

Stick with the 067 or even a Dayco U2. They are allot more trail friendly than the 127. The 127s are good for perf., but at what price?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts