Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the 136/144" rail extensions hold up against tons of hard use and especially landings? I know they say not to land with them, but what have you seen in the real world. I'm curiouse as i see alot of them.
Caleb

·
Registered
269 Posts
In the real world, 141 to 156 extensions 3 years ago no problems. The rider of the sled is a large fellow, 240, and very aggressive.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I didn't think so but I wanted to hear from guys that have actually used them like yourselfs. I love the aluminum big whells kits.

Caleb

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a set on an '87 polaris indy 400 for about 4 years now. 121"-136" SLP has good quality

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have not had any problems with extentions but a friend had 121" to 136" extentions and when he went to a 156" we noticed that old extentions were cracked. he is a big guy and very hard on equipment.
just keep an eye on things and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was thinking of making my MXZ a 136 or 144" for next year. I would probly go w/ the SLP extensions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got 144" extensions on my '00 700 XC SP and they work great! The only thing I added for strength was an extra backing plate where the extension bolts to the rail (they bolt to the inside of the rail giving added strength). Lots of hard landings, and not a problem.

:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
allso if you have long enough extensions there should be a brace that goes where the wheels were,basically the same thing just without the wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts