Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks good. Where did you come up with the tunnel extension. Did you make it yourself or buy one.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
looks good :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from outdoorsupplyonline.com. The guy goes by "jsledder" on here. Getting the gas can/rack in today from him as well.

Anyone know where to get drop brackets from for the rear suspension?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Notice in the first picture, there is no hifax extention. To me, these are a poor excuse for a rail extention! For what they cost at least they could make something strong and more reliable. Where do you think the track is going to try to go when it falls off the end of the rail? Ya, up! I would have to think it will sound like a flat tire and put a lot of un-nessesary bending on the track!
I bought this same extention kit for my SC-10. Upon arrival I immediately called the dealer and ask, where's the rest of the kit? Answer, that's it! :cussing:and oh yes, he say's dont do any hard tail landings, they will bend!! Well, I'am already commited with a track and tunnel extention so I put on the thinking cap. I go to the snowmobile junk yard and buy a junk SC-10 rail for $10.00. Next cut it into two 7.5" lenghts, fit it to the exsisting rail, add a 1/4 x 1" x 12" strap bolted to the side and welded to the rail extention. Now I have a super strong extention with full hifax. Last year I gave it a good beating without a problem and if I ever want to go back to a 121 it's just a matter of removing a few bolts.
This is no way cutting your sled down, just my 2 cents of a so called rail extentions that is made in minutes for penny's with a Bridgeport.
If I had a camera I would send a pic of my setup, looks pretty slick...

·
Registered
356 Posts
snoslinger (that's a great name) you did a nice job on the install, looks good........ but I think were learning something here from Mikadoo, ya really need the hyfax extension to make it really right!
Seems like in a tight corner with the power on (to sling that snow) your track is going to put a tremendous amount of side pressure on the rail extensions trying to bend them, without the hyfax part running in the track lugs.....to keep the track nice and straight!! maybe you can get a hold of a used rail like he did, and tweak it a bit!! DooZ ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you are saying, but the guys that I talk with on this stuff say that is not a worry. They take them longer than that this way and have never bent any. I hope it doesn't happen to bend but I am not worried. I didn't extend it out like this to get faster cornering or better jumping. I extended it for better off-trail capabilities. I guess we will see this winter. I try to stay off the trails as much as possible and don't drive pedal to the metal down the trails so it should work for me.

Glad you found a solution to your rail extension that suited you Mikadoo. I hope this suits me. I plan on getting a real mountain sled within two years anyways....

--- Snoslinger :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts