Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a month or so ago about the intent to bring the 800 twin to an acceptable power level.  In the past few weeks I have had the opportunity to test some items from (MACDIZZY).  I had mentioned that he would be the leader behind the power making process and hoped my whishes could be granted.  Well we are about half way through the testing and here is what we have so far.

NUMBERS ARE BASED ON STOCK SLED AT PEAK POWER!!!

In the single pipe arene:  Stock Pipe

+22hp at 7700
+15 ft-lb torque

Twin pipe arena:  Brand "x" pipes

+35 hp at 8000 rpm
+20ft-lb torque

These numbers are from pump gas 93 octane and pretty safe jetting.  I say pretty safe because midrange has not been tested.  I want to stress the RPM that the power is being made.  Lower than stock on the single pipe and stock on the twins.  This engine makes 84 ft-lbs of torque at 6000 RPM and by 6500 it's up to 94.
I did not list the actual numbers in hopes that a number war would be deterred.  These numbers are from our dyno which typically reads a little lower than the magazines numbers on stock sleds.  Just thought I would post the info.  

Ron,

I will be ready for you this winter!!!.LOL

GLH

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damon,

If you keep it up you won't get those 800 pistons you want!!!
LOL!

HMMM? 13hp from twins, I could get close to 150! Pretty amazing, the dizzy porting makes peak power at the same RPMs on the 7 and 8.

My brother-in-law wants to make a light weight go-kart and put my motor in and go to the local drag strip!

Keep up the good work!

Ron.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
GLH...Macdizzy dooing the porting, or assisting you in the porting. I'm very interested in doing or having that done. I have read his pages with great interest. I haven't done any porting since my motocross days (20 years)(okay, 25 years)  but with the right instruction (blueprint) I would very much enjoy doing the porting. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me at [email protected] if you like.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idooski,

MACDIZZY did all the porting.  Like you, I have done some porting but not like this.  MACDIZZY is truely an artist when it comes to engines.  He does not believe in raising RPM to achieve power.  He has done things to my cylinders that most would never even know it was done by hand.  Best of all it operates at the same rpm as stock or slightly lower.  We found the same thing with Ron's motor.  Give me a call and I will discuss the details over the phone. 716 378 4098.

Damon

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idooski,

MACDIZZY did all the porting.  Like you, I have done some porting but not like this.  MACDIZZY is truely an artist when it comes to engines.  He does not believe in raising RPM to achieve power.  He has done things to my cylinders that most would never even know it was done by hand.  Best of all it operates at the same rpm as stock or slightly lower.  We found the same thing with Ron's motor.  Give me a call and I will discuss the details over the phone. 716 378 4098.

Damon

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idooski,

Damon

·
Registered
158 Posts
HI there Damon ,I've been talking to ya before,but wanted to ask,are those dyno #'s with the rk teck head too.Say another suggestion to more HP would be 44mm carbs with ufo's, maybe your answer to mid range temps,and 1 hp per 100 cc's. HHHMMM just emagine. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
HI there Damon ,I've been talking to ya before,but wanted to ask,are those dyno #'s with the rk teck head too.Say another suggestion to more HP would be 44mm carbs with ufo's, maybe your answer to mid range temps,and 1 hp per 100 cc's. HHHMMM just emagine. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
OOPPPS, don't think it's your computor Damon,when you press add reply it puts up an error and you think it din't post it.  

·
Registered
38 Posts
GLHRacing
Do you use your own pipes or is Brandx someone new? I've never heard of them if they are.You may have seen me mention Jaws in the past,he has a twin pipe set up making around the high 150's for horspower thought maybe you were using his pipes.I know Jaws supplies or at least used to supply the factory Ski_doo race team pipesfor their sleds anyhow you certainly have some impressive numbers.
                                GreyGoat

·
Registered
38 Posts
GLHRacing
Do you use your own pipes or is Brandx someone new? I've never heard of them if they are.You may have seen me mention Jaws in the past,he has a twin pipe set up making around the high 150's for horspower thought maybe you were using his pipes.I know Jaws supplies or at least used to supply the factory Ski_doo race team pipesfor their sleds anyhow you certainly have some impressive numbers.
                                GreyGoat

·
Registered
38 Posts
GLHRacing
                                GreyGoat

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
greygoat,

Brand "x" is just a generic name for a current pipe company.  They were off the shelf pipes.  I would love to try Jaws pipes but do not have any.  I have dynoport, crankshop, and aaen's to try.  I do not want to list who's pipes were in use at this time. We have used their pipes on our improver's and they usually worked good. Thanks for the insight

Squishband,

I here ya about the carbs, we have all different sizes, some bored and some with special add-ons.  MACDIZZY is making a special set for us as well.  The goal of this project is not just peak power but rather wide power and wide torque.  If I raised the operating RPM we could achieve much more but I wanted to keep the rpm low and wide. Tonight will show how much air the motor wants.!!!

GLH

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
greygoat,

Brand "x" is just a generic name for a current pipe company.  They were off the shelf pipes.  I would love to try Jaws pipes but do not have any.  I have dynoport, crankshop, and aaen's to try.  I do not want to list who's pipes were in use at this time. We have used their pipes on our improver's and they usually worked good. Thanks for the insight

Squishband,

I here ya about the carbs, we have all different sizes, some bored and some with special add-ons.  MACDIZZY is making a special set for us as well.  The goal of this project is not just peak power but rather wide power and wide torque.  If I raised the operating RPM we could achieve much more but I wanted to keep the rpm low and wide. Tonight will show how much air the motor wants.!!!

GLH

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
greygoat,

Squishband,

GLH

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great gains,,,,,,,,,,, but think what kind of numbers you would have if you were working with a case reed triple of the same cubes. Id gladly take the extra 20lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great gains,,,,,,,,,,, but think what kind of numbers you would have if you were working with a case reed triple of the same cubes. Id gladly take the extra 20lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts