Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need parts for an 1971 evinrude skeeter it was my grandfathers and I want to get it up and running again engine is fine I need a new fuel line, and some parts for what I guess would be the clutch/transmission. The wheel the belt goes around is shot i believe. It broke years ago and my grandfather could never find a replacement this was before the internet. I want to get it up and running and I'm hope you guys on the internet can help me find parts. I'm going to include a picture of the part I think I need. The first picture is of all the parts in the problem area I think the wheel in the upper left hand corner needs to be replaced. The sled doesn't go forward or reverse any more and I think the teeth on the wheel are to worn and it doesn't spin any more other then that I can't find anything eles. The sled always made metel from this area for somereason at least thats what i remember from when I was little. But I"m looking for any and all parts assoicated with this year snowmobile. When it broke the snowmobile was shifted into reverese and it backed up then it was shifted into forward it went forward a bit and and just stoped moving. Like I said engine worked great it just wouldn't move anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures

Some more pictures I'm not a mechanic so I can use all the help I can get does anyone see anything they thing doesn't look right or another reason for the problem then what I think it is. I also need to figure out how it all goes back togther because my Pop Pop is the one who took it all apart so many years ago. I have a service manual coming in the mail soon that will help with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
more pictures dont' know if you can tell from the one picture but the snowmobile is stored just barely lifted off the ground I guess to preserve the supension. Which i checked and everything still moves the way its supposed to.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the parts you are looking for. If you don't mind that the sled is a Johnson. It is a 1971 Johnson Skee-Horse, and it is the same as the Evinrude Skeeter. All parts will interchange. I have two 1971 Johnson Skee-Horses. They are complete. Both sleds turn over The plastic isn't much on them... One has a bad hood, the other has no hood, and one has a bad dash, and the other has no dash, but they are BOTH covered to keep the weather off the parts. Other than the bad plastic, the sleds would make you a great parts sled. I am asking $50 or best offer for both. I will seperate. Both sleds have electric start wide track and reverse as well. If interested let me know, and we can work out a deal. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. Dan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts