Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a lengthy post so here goes. I have a 396 GP. Clutch side cylinder keeps flooding out fouling plug. Have used new plugs rebuilt carb checked it out at least three times to no avail. I am not sure if it maybe an ignition problem. The gray wire to the good side coil according to the diagram is the right one must be cause it runs and works. The clutch side says its the red wire. The sled is so old that the red and orange wires are indesdinquishable. And there are two or three " red " wires. I have no ignition switch or anything just the wires coming out of the motor. ( I am using the motor in a golf cart ) I was wondering if maybe I have the wrong wire hooked up to the cluch side coil. Maybe its sparking at the wrong time? The plug does spark whern removed from the motor and both coils are new. Is there a resistance check I can do to make sure I have the correct red wire and not a wire running to something other than an the other internal coil or mag? Any help here is greatly appreciated!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts