Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this beast out that I managed to get my hands on boys!!! This is what Yamaha thought was going to replace the CV clutches on snowmobiles. It is a 1973 Yamaha EW643. 643 cc engine, electric start, 18" wide track, 2 speed tranny with neutral, tach, speedo, everything but a cigarette lighter. ( I know, it's not a Ski-Doo). Just thought some of you might like to see some pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the little sister to that in my sled shed to. It's a 73 EW 433. Same features as you mentioned...
It came to me in a package deal with a 78 Ski doo Citation and a double wide trailer. Sold the Citation the next day and use the trailer all the time. I can get 2 Elans and a 74 440 FA T'NT on the trailer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a shot of the fluid drive, the oil cooler...and you may be able to see the lines that run to the hydraulic motor on the driveshaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought that one may have been fluid drive. There is a fellow from near GTA that collects those specific sleds. His name is Ron Dyke. He will very likely be at the Georgian Bay show in Shallow Lake on Saturday with some sleds there. I see you are from Port Elgin so maybe you should stop by. The show is just up Hwy 10 northj of hwy 21 then turn left on Silver Lake Road and follow the signs. It is the 10th Anniversary this year so it should be a good show. It is at Morrison Flats if that means anything to you.
My wife and son and I will be there with a couple of Elans and a 74 FA T'NT.
Rob.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it is a pretty neat machine. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to that show, I am busy trying to finish my deck this weekend. If you maybe want to stop by on the way home, give me a call and let me know.

Mike

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
So you bought it eh? I know you had talked about it last season. The article I had mentioned, I can't find :bash: However, I saw it @ Lillabelle Lake Lodge when we stayed there. It's in a '03 (I think) issue of the Canadian version of Snow Goer magazine. If you email them, they might send you a copy of the article. It was quite in depth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI MIKE
I,m Ron Dike....the fellow rob mentioned with the hydraulic Yamahas....
I,ve had one since it was new in 1974....TL433F w/ slides and narrow track.
Currently have 5 running and some that may run some day, and parts sleds.
I,m expecting to take my most modern to Bridgeport Sat...23rd...
Your sled looks to be in excellent shape.....I usually check the acscc site`s
messages regularly but will keep a watch here also..

thanks... Ron Dike :) 72 & 73 EW643,,74 & 75 TL433,,,77 PR440

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently picked up an old 1973 EW-643B in Ontario and brought it down to Nova Scotia, It has no decals on it at all and I require pictures and info for this machine, she needs lots of love! I am going to recondition it and drive her in the vintage rally down here! If you are willing to share ifo on this extrordinary rig email me at [email protected] thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi William1.....
tried to PM you but it says my PM is shut off and
i'm not aware of how to fix it...hope you can get
to me if needed ..Probably a hydraulic drive question :rolleyes2:
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts