Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
hey doc, on another post i told you we once had a 74 srx 433 but from looking at the pics of the 643 the 433 might have been a 73 it looked the same. the difference with our sled was it was flat over the spark plugs where yours has the bulges up and to the right of the engine air scoop there is a smaller one as the 433 did not have one. terrible steering sleds until a lot of work was done to the rear suspension. i  heard the factory race boys crashed one and bent the sled only to find out it handled better so they took the rest apart and had those bent too. anyways you believe none of what you hear and half of what you see and i had heard that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul, then you did have the 73 SR 433. That was the only year for this body. The bumps over the plugs are on the SR 643 and SR 292, SR 433 was flat. The scoop was a air duct for the brake, it was part of the 73 GYT kit. The GYT kit for your SR 433 was Circle M fuel injection, new cyl,s, pistons and pipes, also the scoop. Go find your sled and get it back!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Doc

Nice sled.  A friend of mine bought Mike Farris' 73 SR 643 this past spring.  He also got a 77 Moto Ski Super Sonic.   They were bought in original condition.

You going to the vintage show in Cadillac in Jan?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TnTs4mE, thank you, good to see you on this site. Did your friend find a engine loom and fuel pumps for that SR?
I did have the sleds at Novi show, that is fun, and alot of people are talken me into the Cadillac show, so it's a good chance.
Post some pics of your Doo's

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll ask him next time I talked to him.  Here's a picture of his sled.  The 77 Super Sonic is to the left of it

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here's a picture of my 76 R/V 250.  I also have a 70 blizzard 440, 75 R/V 245 (serial #1), 77 R/V 340 and 77 Blizzard 440 Super Stocker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts