Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have any other good project this summer as most of my projects are rebuilding my atvs in the winter and my friend wanted his spare sled out of his garage so I figured I build that up. Its a 1977 Enticer 250. What kind of performance mods can you do to it? I want to get as much power as possible. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
bore it out as much as possible... I dont think that you will be able to get much extra power out of a 250.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You could try adding dual carbs or a bigger carb, if it doesn't already have them. Go through the clutches and make sure they are operating correctly. Also going through the whole drivetrain and repacking the bearings with synthetic grease and aligning everything can help you get more speed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get rid of the Keihin carb and put on a Mikuni VM round slide (32mm is probably a good starting size) and a separate fuel pump. Bore it out 0.020 or more, depending on what pistons you can find. Skinny up the head gasket (be careful!) to gain compression. Also, remember that pounds rob HP from the track. If you want to race it take off as much extra weight as possible.

Yamaholic

·
Registered
6 Posts
hhhhmmmmm...250 enticer , short light sled , I`d shoehorn in another engine (something nice and big) but keep all of the original stuff and make it look stock and use it for a sleeper sled , just for fun......just my 2 cents .....but then again right now I am contemplating a 503 in a super brute for myself....things that make you go hhhmmmmm !!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts