Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change my track slide and do not see how to do it without taking out the rivets on the track tensioner frame. is there any easier way to do this im guessing they come out of the rear of the sled... or do it drop the front of the carraige and take them out the from. i am stump so any advice would be helpfull..thanks in advance Sorry its a spitfire not a apitfire

·
Registered
686 Posts
I can't remember if there is room to take them out through the track windows on those sleds or not but if there is room then that is the easiest. There should be a rivet or bolt at the front end of the slide that you need to remove. Then line up the window at the back of the track with the slide and tap out the slide through the window. If that does not work then you will need to remove the rear suspension from the sled by loosening the track completely. Then remove the suspension mounting bolts from the tunnel. There will be two bolts on each side of the tunnel. They are fastened into a shaft that goes from one side to the other. The bolts have a tendency to loosen on one side but if you have access to an impact wrench you will get them out fairly easily. Otherwise you will have to loosen one and take it out and put a jam nut on it, then put it back in. Lock it in place with the jam nut and then loosen the other bolt on the other side. I know it is a bit of a pain but it works. Once you have the bolts removed then tip the sled on one side and lift out the suspension. Take the tension off the suspension springs. You will have to wiggle it back and forth a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts