Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I had my question answered and it looks like the sled needs seals. It runs and idles great it just has no Power. The Sled is in excellent shape. Seat is perfect, as is most everything else on the sled. An excellent Candidate for a restoration as there would not be much to do. I will trade for something that I can rebuild and not have to worry about changing the Seals again in a year or so. This was a one year sled and will probably be quite a Collector's piece some day if it isn't already. Let me know if anyone is interested. I am in Strafford NH 1-(603)664-9797 Call anytime or e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks. I will not part the sled out as this will leave me with an incomplete sled. I would also like to trade it for a Sled in just as good of shape. This sled is missing nothing. Thanks. Charlie M.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well, im not interested in the sled but i see you have a bunch of parts laying around. Any idea what they go to? Im doing a restoration now and i need some parts later on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, im not interested in the sled but i see you have a bunch of parts laying around. Any idea what they go to? Im doing a restoration now and i need some parts later on.[/b]
I'm picking up a Citation within the next few days. Not sure what year it is though the Person doesn't know? It's a freebie. I'll let yah know what it has for parts on it. If your looking for anything else on the sleds I have pictured let me know and I'll send them your way for a small fee. I tore apart the 1974 Polaris Custom 2 today. The Motor is in great shape. The chassis of the sled is trash, track is trash, drive sprockets trash, The wiring harness is still good though. You should put an ad on Craigslist asking for Snowmobiles that you will haul away for free to get them out of the peoples yard. I have gotten a bunch of sleds this way. I have 6 coming within the next couple of weeks. 2 of them are 89 & 90 Formula Plus Ski-doos in running condition. People just throw em away. Have fun with your Restoration. I'm just kinda bummed about the Kawasaki and the Seals.One reply I got said he has replaced them 13 times since he has had the machine. I don't want to deal with that. I still need tools for pulling clutches and other specialty tools to get going on the other sleds I have now. The 340 Eltigre is a perfect Candidate as is the 71 TNT (Track and Trail, I just learned thats what TNT stands for the other day). Yak, Yak, Yak,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
well, in my opinion i would by the clutch puller since you restore other sleds. Im sure you'll use it some other time. I would love to restore sleds but my parents would kill me. They hate me having one, especially my mom. She hates that it takes up yard space. The only major thing i know ill need is a speedo and a rear lense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts