Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, im having troubles with my sled. it starts good and idles good, but i have no take off power, from quarter throttle, to 3/4 throttle. I ve noticed my needle jet is bent in the venturi, and am wondering the importance of this jet and wether this may be the problem? THE carburetor is clean, and im also wondering if this power loss could be do to the secondary clutch? My comet duster primary clutch works great. Also when i lift my sled off the ground the motor will go to top speed without hesitation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.
Rej

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes the jet needle needs to be perfectly straight. It has it's biggest effect on fuel flow from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. The clip position on the top is for fine tuning the fuel flow in that range with the top position being the leanest setting of the c-clip. Here is a link that will give you some information about which parts of the carb affect fuel flow at various throttle positions.

http://www.carbparts.com/mikuni.html

If the secondary clutch isn't shifting properly in conjunction with the primary it definitely will affect performance. Think of it as having the transmission in a car being stuck in high gear. Not much snap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts