Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi to All - Just picked this sled up & I need a little info - Can someone tell me the initial factory settings for the pilot air screw & the throttle stop screw - I also need to know if this drive belt is the right one… 0227-019 Thanks for any & all help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I did do that before I posted - several times. I was told that this year el tigre required a special belt & was trying to make sure before I bought one online. As far as the settings - I don't have a manual & all I could find was an exploded parts diagram - no settings! Thanks anyway .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
jsut hackin on ya.

you dont have a good small motor repair around..with a good mechanic...they should be able to tune your carb by ear, smell, knowledge and expertise..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
To be honest - that’s what I do. I’ve successfully tuned / rebuilt literally hundreds of outboards. I acquire old barn finds & go through them & sell them. I work as a boat builder & rigger for Aero Cat Marine & I’ve also worked on & fixed all kinds of other power equipment -lawnmowers, chainsaws, ect. I just haven’t done much with sleds. I pulled both carbs the other day & cleaned them. I reset everything to what it was when I removed them. It starts & seems to run good, but I can’t ride it to really test it until I get the new drive belt. I was just wondering what the factory settings are for these carbs to see if I’m even close. I may have to chomp & buy the factory service manual - don’t really want to because I don’t know how long I’m going to keep this sled. I’ve had an ‘85 Jag 440 for a few years & it runs great & I haven’t had to do anything to it yet. (wife loves it ) Thanks for the suggestions & I wasn’t trying to be snotty in my previous reply. With my background - I won’t be paying anyone to do what I know I can do myself.

If you’re interested - check out Aero Cat Marine
http://www.aerocatboats.com/

Update - just went to this site & found the info that I needed -
http://chadt.us/manuals/

Here’s a pic of my Jag -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts