Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got enough snow today and took the cat out but the speedometer does not work. After looking around I found the gear to the speedo transfer case laying in the bottom. I see no cap or anything over it or that there ever was one. If someone could take a pic of it I would really appreciate it. I looked for a parts breakdown in my manual and found nothing. The gear looks like it broke off the little square drive shaft but something has to hold it in there! Any help anyone has for this would really be appreciated.

·
10,054 Posts
it hooks up right behind your driven clutch,,, if it is unhooked, I would imagine either you drive shaft bearing has failed, been changed, and forgot to hook up the speedo cable,,, or you may have a bad driveshaft bearing,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I did not explain it very well...sorry. The gears is not in the gearbox anymore. What holds the gear in? The square shaft is broken and I can replace that easy enough but it will just fall out if I put it back in. There has to be some sort of cap or cover that goes over the gear to hold it in. The cable is hooked up to the correct place and the rubber cap is on the other side.

·
10,054 Posts
If your saying that piece that the speedo cable hooks into has no gears in it,,, replace it, dont try to get gears back into it. You should be able to pick it up fairly cheap at a sledyard somewhere,,, Just make sure the used one you get works before you leave. That piece is held to the side of the tunnel with 3 bolts,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts