Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am very new to this sport and dont know tons about these machines yet, so please any help offered would be great, thanks. I have a 1980 ski-doo citation, when i got it, it ran quite good, but it has rapidly declined, i went from stalling out once an hour, to stalling frequently, and now it hardly even moves the sled. I have changed the fuel filter and given it a good carb cleaning, but its no better, perhaps slightly worse. The engine smokes a ton and it kinda jerks, as it get throttle and catches gear, but has no power so it stops, then it jerks again...so on and so on. It never iddled, even when it was workin fairly well. now, if i give it full throttle the engine bogs down(don't know if it lacks air or gass or two much...but iknow it would stall out if i held the throttle in, it would simply just slow down poop out.)

Please help, i dont know where to look. what are some similar symptoms/fixes, thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey everyone, i am very new to this sport and dont know tons about these machines yet, so please any help offered would be great, thanks. I have a 1980 ski-doo citation, when i got it, it ran quite good, but it has rapidly declined, i went from stalling out once an hour, to stalling frequently, and now it hardly even moves the sled. I have changed the fuel filter and given it a good carb cleaning, but its no better, perhaps slightly worse. The engine smokes a ton and it kinda jerks, as it get throttle and catches gear, but has no power so it stops, then it jerks again...so on and so on. It never iddled, even when it was workin fairly well. now, if i give it full throttle the engine bogs down(don't know if it lacks air or gass or two much...but iknow it would stall out if i held the throttle in, it would simply just slow down poop out.)

Please help, i dont know where to look. what are some similar symptoms/fixes, thanks[/b]
Is you oil and gas mix rite, matters alot. check your drive belt is it a good one. what color are your plugs. Crash Dummy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is you oil and gas mix rite, matters alot. check your drive belt is it a good one. what color are your plugs. Crash Dummy[/b]
Thanks Crash Dummy, yes my mix is accurate to the manual(50:1) and I have changed the spark plugs and check, the do get spark, but they are on the blacker side in color, somewhat oily. I didnt think the belt was bad, but i have a new extra so i guess i could change it. Just curious, what was ur recomendation behind changing the drive belt? Thanks so much for your response.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

Please help, i dont know where to look. what are some similar symptoms/fixes, thanks[/b]
Start it at night open hood if wires look like fire works arking off change or duck tape them .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts