Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..........finally I have time to replace two set of new piston rings of this sled. PSI at plug improved from 90 psi - 115 psi.
The engine runs well for 1st or 2nd pull but if after third pull it does not run then I have a hard time to start it. Took spark plug out and find the plugs are wet. I am wondering may be the sparks are not strong enough!
MY questions are:
1. Is 115 psi from spark plug acceptable? anyone know the spec?
2. Any method to test the strength of current from coil?

thanks in advance!

Harry

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
yes 115 on a fan cooled Yamaha is acceptable

get an OHM meter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I just picked up a 1980 Enticer 340 myself: I will try to measure my coil pack and publish the resistance value. It's a single coil, waste-spark setup I think, where both plugs fire on TDC and BDC. (plus some ignition timing advance, I'd wager). The coil takes one orange wire, and the ground must be integral to the coilpack. There should be a black wire that attaches to the stud on the coil and routes into the harness. Measure resistance from the one orange wire to the chassis of the engine. It should be a resistance value of about half an ohm. Measure from one spark plug boot to the other plug boot. It's resistance should be around 14.5 Kohm (14,500 ohms).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts