Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I hope there is a john deere guy here somewhere that can help. I just got my first sled and the kids and me love it. it's a john deere trailfire 340 from 1980. The track has a rip but it's cleated so we are still running it. I have found a guy how said that he has a spitfire track all so a 1980. will they just change in and out or i there something I need to do to get it to fit???? any help is great cause I have no idea. I have a buddy that has a 440 citition says he can help me change it but we can't find any info as to track size or length. So I found this place and was hoping someone here would know thanks for your time and happy riding!! oh ya only paid 200 for the sled. good deal?? or no ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Sound good. I got it today so I should be taking it apart tonite thanks again I will let you know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't get one of the jack shaft gears to move to get the shaft out, it's only been 31 years since it's moved left to right. got the bolt out but can't get the gear over to get the new track on. Any ideas to lossen it up ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I got it in and running again way bigger job than i thought it was going to be!!!! We just got 6 more inches tonite so sledding all day sunday thanks for the help guys when I figure out how to post pics I get some up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey np bud took it out fishing with the guys had a good day fishing andthe sled ran very well. I hope that the case form now on lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts