Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this sled about five years back and have been restoring it ever since. I've put all new bearings in the entire machine, added an electric start kit, tach kit, and speedometer kit. It's been a long process but worth it.

I never had to touch the motor until now, lost all electrical while I was riding the other night, but I'd like to try a twin carb set up on the machine. I have a matched set of NOS carbs off of a liquifire and I want to try and install those on my machine. Anyone else ever tried this before? I just wonder about running the machine without a silencer box and using air filters instead. Any ideas would be helpful! I may not even do it, it's just a thought that crossed my mind.

BTW my lifelong goal is to own one of every model John Deere produced...how sweet would that be!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have any ideas on how to get some more top end speed? I was wondering about taking the gearset off of a liquifire or changing some components of my primary clutch...didn't know what others may have done. Any help would be great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts