Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of this sled or know where I can for surely find one possibly on another website?  My dad owned one of these brand new and I can hardly recall what it looked like.  It was a smooth running sled and I used to fall asleep between is arms after a long day of riding.  :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 1979 at home and a magazine with one on the cover but nothing readily available to email to you from work.  The 1981 is physically about the same just a little different blue/black color scheme.  You are correct, they are smoooooth riding, great for the trail like they were built for, not for the track or hard ditch pounding.  They were the first IFS machine built for the consumer vs the track, the Indy is basically a carbon copy.  Sure glad Arctic Cat dropped that design in favor of the A-Arms since they are far superior.  Cat gets credit for both the 1st IFS and the first A-arm to the consumer.  When they were the largest manufacturer they were bringing the new technology to the consumer first and even now when they are not the largest they still are!!  Buy a Cat or buy a tow rope as your first accessory!!  Dan

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Buy a Cat or buy a tow rope as your first accessory!!  Dan

That is to darn funny though it's sure to incite a riot with the brand loyalty around here and god forbid Machzzzz1 see's it.
caleb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hmmm, arcticcat600 you sound like me. I want one of everything please. LOL. I have a buddy who lives in livonia and has one for sale if you are that interested. Kevin

·
Registered
741 Posts
No I am not I saw the ad and it had a price but I would be lying if I told you a number. This is his e-mail address, just be sure to put the trailcat for sale in the heading. [email protected]  His name is Brian. Kevin

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I know I have the '80 or '81 brochure at home, as my dad bought a new Pantera for him and a new Jag for me in '81.  I will try to find it and post a pic.  No guarantee on how long it will take me to find it though!    

1 - 9 of 9 Posts