Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have a 1987 arctic cat model 650 we are not sure of what kind exacually but the ownership says model 650. it is a spirit 500 cc fan cooled motor. we believe we have power coming out of the voltage regulator. now the chock is staying on, there is no head or tail lights, and the handwarmers don't work. wondering what all it could be we have traced all wires and they are all in tact and where they are suspose to be. too good of a sled to give up because of hte lights situation.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
did you check them with a volt meter to insure the power was carrying throough... if not you may want to buy a new voltage regulator anyway... they are infamous for going

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you check them with a volt meter to insure the power was carrying throough... if not you may want to buy a new voltage regulator anyway... they are infamous for going[/b]

ok thanks, I do have power at the voltage regulator. but i guess it could be faulty. anyone else have any other ideas? i would like to get it fixed asap as i would like to get out sledding as we have snow here now and we are getting about 15 cm (6 in)tonight.

·
10,054 Posts
is the power going into or out of the voltage regulator,,, it could be going in and not coming out or coming out unregulated and you have blown all your bulbs,,,, check for 12 volts at your bulbs,,, check for 12 volts coming out of the regulator (not sure which color wire)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the power going into or out of the voltage regulator,,, it could be going in and not coming out or coming out unregulated and you have blown all your bulbs,,,, check for 12 volts at your bulbs,,, check for 12 volts coming out of the regulator (not sure which color wire)[/b]

thanks to all who responded. I figured out the problem. the person before me didn't know what he was doing and put the positive and negative togeather everywhere and anywhere the wrong way and shorted it out. i fixed it all up. the choke problem wasn't really a choke problem it was the fuel filter was bummed up bad and letting barley if any fuel through it. also the cabs where gummed up as hte guy put in mixed gas as that is all he had in a injection system not quite sure what he was thinking. but cleaned them up and now it is mint nad runs like a charm. love the sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts