Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it goin. my friend has the sled mentioned in the topic, it wouldn't start for the longest time, i was looking around his carbs, and noticed that, there's a little switch, that the throttle, rests against when the throttle's not engaged, i shorted the switch and the thing started up, is this some kind of safety, so it won' start if the throttle sticks, or what the hell is this switch????

·
Registered
116 Posts
That switch and the switch on the throttle are part of the TORS (throttle overide system) and is just a safety device instead of a tether to shut the sled off in case of a stuck throttle, etc.

If you go to where the wires disconnect you will see the 2 wires that connect to it going up towards the handlebar area. Disconnect the wires from the carb and connect the 2 wires that hook to it together to bypass the carb switch. A lot of people do this because the switches can be hard to get adjusted right.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The 2 wires going to the carb switch are unplugged from the switch and plugged into them selves to bypass the TORS system entirely. Bad switches or an alignment issue may have caused someone to bypass it.

It should not be bypassed but for testing. This is a safety feature.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can’t get replacement throttle cable. My 1987 Yamaha exciter l/c. When I go to buy one they give me the wrong one. I think maybe I got different carburetors or something because it shows cable going to a connection that operates both carburetors.my carburetors the cables go threw the top and there are 2 cables in to 1 to them lever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts