Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what rpm this 340 should be at idle. Also, the amount of turns on the air screw? I do not have a manual and have not seen anything I could download.
thanks Paul

·
Registered
71 Posts
When i had mine it seemed like 1 1/2 turns from seat on the air screw was in a manual, but i beleive i had to play with mine and it was more like 1 turn from seat. Your plugs will tell ya and your RPM at IDLE. Should idle right around a grand to 1200 I beleive

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i had mine it seemed like 1 1/2 turns from seat on the air screw was in a manual, but i beleive i had to play with mine and it was more like 1 turn from seat. Your plugs will tell ya and your RPM at IDLE. Should idle right around a grand to 1200 I beleive[/b]
Ok,
right now it idles at 1500. I have not messed with the air screw. Will check the plugs.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok,
right now it idles at 1500. I have not messed with the air screw. Will check the plugs.

Thanks[/b]
Hey, guys!
Owner manual (Excel III, 1986) suggests 1 3/8 out for low speed adjustment screw.
You can check the srew cone end for wear. It can have the erroded groove on the cone surface. Could be repaired if you good with hand tools. Or buy a new one. Otherwise you will never be able to adjust it right.
Idle speed 1700 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts