Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my problem...

One day I went out and rode for about 4 hours. Later I parked the sled and over night the track froze. While attempting to get it unstuck I burned my belt. I replaced the belt and now it will only rev to 6000 rpms some times only 3000? Not only that but it bogs real bad.

Whats going on here?

Please help nor easter sunday!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Heres my problem...

One day I went out and rode for about 4 hours. Later I parked the sled and over night the track froze. While attempting to get it unstuck I burned my belt. I replaced the belt and now it will only rev to 6000 rpms some times only 3000? Not only that but it bogs real bad.

Whats going on here?

Please help nor easter sunday![/b]
Clean the clutches and take a look at them see if anything looks broken. Also check chain tension bolt on chaincase (hand tighten bolt, then hold bolt with wrench and tighten locknut).

Also check suspension for frozen bogie wheels and flat spots on the wheels. Also make sure your track isnt too tight...

thats all I can really offer!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks that really helps alot! How would I go about cleaning the clutches?[/b]

scotch brite pad and soapy water, then clean water to clean away soap. I guess you could use acetone as well, soap and water is cheaper and safer!

dry really well...I have to do this to my clutches once it warms up enough...lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I found the problem... The belt was slipping because the fuel line was rubbing against the secondary causing it to wet the belt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks I found the problem... The belt was slipping because the fuel line was rubbing against the secondary causing it to wet the belt.[/b]
wow thats not safe!

and you definitely should clean the clutch sheaves now, get that gas off the faces of the clutch...

were supposed to have 1ft of fresh snow by morning....Ill be getting out :)

take care!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts