Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there my name is Grant and I'm new to these forums so bear with me if I make any mistakes but I have a 1989 Yamaha Exciter 570 and Ive just been battling to get the sled running and it has some wiring issues from the pervious owner. I bought the sled not running for cheap to use as a farm sled and since it had good compression. The wiring was iffy since the guy had marrets on the ignition coil wiring but I decided to take a chance on it. When we would try to start the sled before taking out the wiring we would have spark but it would be inconsistent (which was lining up with what the pervious owner was saying about him having to wiggle the CDI box). We weren't getting anywhere so I ordered a new Ignition off Ebay and I also bought a used CDI that was pulled from a running sled. So then I found a guy on Kijiji who has a bunch of Exciter parts and decided to go and get a used wiring harness just to make sure we didn't run into any issues when putting this all back together. I also bought an exhaust for it since I was told by the guy from Kijiji that it won't run without one. So today was the day we were going take out the old wiring and put in this new wiring harness and swap the CDI boxes and we have run into an issue with a wire that's coming from the "CDI Magnetto" as on the wiring diagram it says it's a white wire going to the "Rectifier/Regulator" we can't figure out where it plugs into at all and as it's coming from the sled itself and figuring as they should be colour coordinated we cannot figure out where it should go. The image below is the wire In question if anyone can help shed some light on where this goes that would be awesome. In the meantime I'm going to get a coil pack and replace what that guy was messing with with the marrets and hope it can shed some more light on what's going on here.

Thanks Guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts