Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished installing my rebuilt 583 . How much oil should I pour into the(upper)line that goes into the crankcase housing ? ( I was told I should fill this hose ). When I started it up it idled for a couple seconds then jumped to very high revs , I had to shut it down quickly ... why would it do this ? I'm running my first tank of fuel at a 100:1 ratio .. what are other precautions I should take ? ie : cooling system and what not ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
crank seals

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just finished installing my rebuilt 583 . How much oil should I pour into the(upper)line that goes into the crankcase housing ? ( I was told I should fill this hose ). When I started it up it idled for a couple seconds then jumped to very high revs , I had to shut it down quickly ... why would it do this ? I'm running my first tank of fuel at a 100:1 ratio .. what are other precautions I should take ? ie : cooling system and what not ?[/b]
I'm not sure which hose you mean? If it is the impulse hose that feeds your fuel pump then that should be dry as it sends a pulse that activates/runs the fuel pump. I could be wrong though. Please elaborate on which hose it is. I do agree that a faulty crank seal will run your engine in a lean condition and make it idle out of control.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is 2 hoses that go to the center crank bearing. 1 below and one above the crank, inbetween the cylenders. These should be filled with oil, as they lube the center bearing/waterpump drive gear

·
Registered
94 Posts
I always though the first tank of fuel for break in period was to have 500mL. of oil added as well as what the injector system adds. When we broke my new engine in at the first of this month we went over board and turned up the injector as well for the first tank. I have been babying it for over 400 km's now, so next weekend I'm gonna let'er fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts