Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

First post in a long time. I just bought an older sled after many years without one. This is a lot newer than the sleds that I had years ago so I am hoping that someone can give me some advice.

I just picked this up last night and haven't had a chance to really look at it much yet. Also, I have never owned a Artic Cat before. All the sleds I have had in the past were older vintage/antique Ski-Doo's, so this rig is all new to me.

I picked up an 1990 El Tigre 530. When I was looking at it I noticed there was a bit of oil leaking out around the engine, mainly around the exhaust manifold area. I haven't had an oil injected sled before, but I'm assuming if there is oil coming out of the manifold that I need to replace the gaskets. That's not a problem. I am also going to assume that if there is oil coming out of the flange that the pump is delivering to much oil. So I am wondering is there a way to adjust the flow from the pump? My guess is that there is an adjustment on the linkage from the throttle to the oil pump. Is there a procedure to set the required oil flow or check and return it to spec?

If there is anything else you can offer or if you own one of these and have any other helpful suggestions on other things I should check or do to this beast it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi its normal to have some seepage around the gaskets on the exhaust manifold, u could try torquing them down or getting new gaskets and get some hi temp seal and try that, as for injector timing, when u full throttle theres a indentation on the arm that the cable goes to and an indentation on the inj body those should line up adjustments on the inj cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts