Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Mountain Cat Jag 340 as a back up/utility sled, wondering if it is worth fixing up or not.

The track is almost shot, could go anytime. Suspension is pretty well shot too. I think the springs are toast as I installed a new shock last year and only got a couple of runs before it went again. Runners need replacing, etc. I wouldn't mind putting some elbow grease into it as the engine appears bulletproof. Started first pull after no prep and being stored outside for the summer. Compression test is to specs. The biggest downer is the old style front suspension...shocks on the skis. I'd definitely put some cash into it if it had the new style front suspension.

I'd like to hang on to this sled as a second utilility sled...but I'm wondering if I should bother doing anything with it or if the repair costs plus the few hundred bucks I could get for it would be better spent on a new-old sled.

BTW the biggest problem with the sled is that I bought a new Z 570 last year and now I can't even keep the old sled up right!! You get so use to the new suspensions that you forget how to ride an old sled.

What do you guys/gals think?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
KEEP IT!!

You ever want to go out into the bush and don't want to scratch the new Z570,your Mountain Cat Jag 340 is there for those days and if you ever need a back up sled(better then nothing imo) you have one:D

If you don't want it send it to me :D LOL

Seriously I would keep it :hallo1:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Definetly keep it as a spare. I wish we had kept my dads 70something tx340 as a spare. Its engine was bulletproof like the one your talking about and would have made a good spare. After I crashed mine last year on the only weekend we had alot of powder i was sledless and really could have used a spare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts