Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year my snowmobile started acting up. it runs fine when cold, but when it starts heating up the engine starts to stall and still runs if you hold the gas all the way down, but it won't move. It stays in one spot. If you let go of the gas it will quit. I tried replacing the CDI box, but that didnt help. I think it may be a wiring problem, but im not sure.

Any suggestions?!?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Fuel system or a leaking system in the engine: intake, crankcase, or cylinder leakage.

What was it doing just prior to acting this way initially? Blow a belt, hit a bump or roll it, back-fire.....?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel system or a leaking system in the engine: intake, crankcase, or cylinder leakage.

What was it doing just prior to acting this way initially? Blow a belt, hit a bump or roll it, back-fire.....?[/b]

It was running fine. I may have hit a bump or rolled it, but i don't remember if i did or not. Its old, so it might need replace some parts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It sounds as if it might be flooding - I can't tell by the sound from here ;) or it could also be leaking air in the case perhaps.

The former could be from a "choke" valve not closing right, or it could be a carb which is flooding (because the inlet valve is not closing/sealing when it should.)

The latter issue, an air leak, could result from a faulty/worn seal.

The fact that it happens after it is warm sounds more like too much fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts