Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 prowler or panther i forgot what it is already (just got it) It wont start. It has no spark. Should I check the coil, stator, ingition cdi box. What do I go after and how do i test them. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
448 Posts
Start with the simple things first, try new plugs!!!! Then work your way along from there back to the mag. Also don't rule out the kill switch or the key switch.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
:withstupid: Plugs first (they are the easiest and cheapest). My 90 Prowler had a fuel pump problem also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 90 prowler, didn't have a starting problem but had about every other electrical problem. Ripped it down and rewired everything. Now it is like gold. Just from experience, check all those wires. Could always be a short with that old of a sled.

·
Registered
708 Posts
man if you don't know the diff betwwen a prowler and panther!!! better get to the docter and have your head looked at!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok hears what u do!you can geet new plugs check in the points cace and the condencers and if ther is rust on the points use a fine grane of sand paper and filel of the old rust put the cace back togeather and pull it over it it has good sparks than u should get new points and condencers there about 15.00$

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by cheeta rup moto@Nov 25 2003, 07:50 PM
ok hears what u do!you can geet new plugs check in the points cace and the condencers and if ther is rust on the points use a fine grane of sand paper and filel of the old rust put the cace back togeather and pull it over it it has good sparks than u should get new points and condencers there about 15.00$
Points and condensers? The sled has CDI ignition. w00t

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those sleds were famous for the faulty coils. My guess is that you check the coil if everything else fails. Is it the 440 l/c engine?

·
10,054 Posts
I agree with Daryl, check the coils,,,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts