Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help me out with the propper air scew adj. I just purhased a 1990 safari for a second sled and I't needs a tune up. My manual does not tell me how many turns out I need to set the air scew after I seat it? Also, I tried this sled out in the grass yesterday and it seems to run out of power at about 20 mph. Looked at some other posts and I'm going to start with a new fuel pump and new throtle cable ( almost out of adjustment). the sled starts and runs fine at lower speed. It seems to take off fine but just goes flat right when you would expect it to accelerate. Clutches don't seem to be stuck, I lifted the track and it took right off to 50 mph before I let off the gas.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Around 1.5 to 2.0 turns out, but your problem sound like a resricted main jet. I would start with a good carb(s) cleaning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around 1.5 to 2.0 turns out, but your problem sound like a resricted main jet. I would start with a good carb(s) cleaning.[/b]
I think you are correct. Pulled the carbs out this evening and one of the jets was so clogged I could not even see light through it. The other was pretty bad too.The past owner said he cleaned them????? Green gunk. Hope that does the trick, I think this will make a nice little sled for my wife and daughter to play with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts