Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 650 wildcat that is only going about 70-75 mph. This sled should and did run at 100 mph. The motor has been recently rebuilt and the clutches replaced. I put a 9 tower clutch off a 2001 zr600 on it. This clutch has a green/yellow spring and 52 gram weights(original calls for a red spring and 53 gram weights) The driven clutch is to original spec except that it has a 51/57 degree helix and original calls for a 53 degree helix. Carbs have been cleaned,rejetted, and the fuel pumps have been rebuilt. I changed the gears from 24/39 to 22/39 to try and get more jump off the line. I knew I would lose some top end speed by doing this, but, this seems like an extreme lose. When I'm doing 70/75 mph I'm only at about half throttle. I also replaced the ignition and primary coils. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts that may bring this sled back to where it should be? It runs strong until it gets up to 70mph. It is almost like it isn't shifting into another gear but again the clutches look fine.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Did they every perform? lol J/K I would put the clutches and gearing back to stock specs and go from there. Don't change a whole lot of stuff at once. That way if something isn't working, you know right where to look. Change one thing at a time and test. Clutching is a funny thing and you could have the wrong combination in it. What RPM is it running when it's doing this 70-75mph?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts