Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need help again
had the drive belt changed yesterday(because it was very glazed) , before i did, i could spin the track on take-off but the new belt cant do that it can excelerate after 15mph and go like a bat out of hell now, but the sled is a dog till then, the belt is a new stock arctic cat 0227-103, the old one is the same belt as the new one, what could the problem be?

thanks,
megan

·
Registered
207 Posts
you may need to just break in the belt... i know you need to run them awhile before the full power is noticed....belts do have breakin points

·
Registered
79 Posts
You definitely have the proper belt. 0227-103 is the proper OEM replacement.

There is a break-in period for new drive belts (no full throttle, etc for a set period). Put some miles on, and see what happens. Your clutches should be set up for a proper belt deflection, but due to fluctuations in the manufacturing process, sometimes they vary in dimention a bit. Sounds like yours is a bit tight (short or fat), which would cause a bog off the line. A new stiff belt can do that too. Put some miles on it, or if you're worried about it, check the belt deflection by putting a straight edge on the belt, making sure that it rests on both the drive and driven clutches. Push down on the belt, to remove all slack. There should be 1 1/4 inches between the straight edge and the top of the belt (when measued halfway between the clutches. If you get a measurement greater than this, you need to remove shims from inside the secondary clutch, if the measurement is smaller, you have to add shims inside the secondary clutch.

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok my boyfriend replaced be stock belt with a dayco (i think) put 10 miles on it and it's back to what it was like the 0227-103 was a bad belt from the factery it was an inch to short (bad belt i guess) the new belt works perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts