Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just rebuilt the centre cylinder of my 1991 RXL 650 EFI. The compression is now great on all cylinders, I am getting spark, and the fuel pump is kicking on. When it starts up, it runs absolutely fine. After about 30-45 seconds of running though, it stalls and shuts off. It is difficult to get it started again, though after waiting a few minutes, it starts up first pull. Im thinking it could be an electrical issue, maybe I missed a connection when putting the snowmobile together again after the rebuild? I have checked all the connections that I can see, without dismantling the engine again. What could be the issue...? I dont know what to do :( Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had 5 500 EFIs since they came out. biggest thing with these sleds is to put in a NEW proper battery every yr, seeing that I ride a Honda Gold Wing, that 500 amp battery fits right in the EFI battery box. so instead of the battery sitting all winter on a trickle charger, I use it in the Polaris. and every few yrs I sold the sled and bought another.i would do same. I also have had about 12 Gold Wings since 75 too.
so put a New proper battery in it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had 90, 92, and 95 RXLs and had to replace fuel filters frequently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts